- Kids Train for Triathlons (TN)
Read about some of the amazing challenges home school families are taking together.
- There is Hope for the Organizationally Challenged (Patch)
One mom shares her journey toward a workable schedule for her home school.
- Today’s lesson: Home-school the kids in financial literacy (Canada)
Children learn their most valuable lessons about budgeting and relating wisely to money at home.
- Christian Ministries and Southern Tornadoes (Acton)
See how the Church is stepping up to help in the aftermath of this week’s devastating storms.
- 150 Years Later: Primary Sources, Technology Bring the Civil War to Life (EdWeek)
Check out these resources to help your students to first-hand accounts of the Civil War.
- How will state pay for home schooling? (WA)
ALE (alternative learning experiences) give the government authority over families’ home school choices: “‘We are concerned that these programs are redefining ‘home schooling’ as something now offered through the public school,’ Scott Brannan, president of the Christian Homeschool Network, wrote in a letter to the superintendent’s office.”
- Embracing a Classical Education (Washington Post)
One Catholic school turns to the classical model to train students in the good, the true, and the beautiful.
- New Museum Will Strive to ‘Reveal the Wonders’ of Math (EdWeek)
Start planning your visit to the new Math museum in NYC! Opens in 2012. Visit MoMath.org for more information.